Sunday, December 2, 2012

CMW Monthly Challenge

 This month, the DT at the CMW Monthly Challenge set the task of using digi papers, images and clip art from the CMW Printable Craft Shop.

I made two cards to set the tone for the challenge. The first one used a clip art image of an angel (from the Angels Collection) and the background paper from the Painted Birdhouses Collection.

I love these images!


I got the idea for this tent fold card from a Split Coast Stampers tutorial.

The papers and image I used were from the Valentines Collection.  I printed everything onto 160gsm cardstock, then attached to heavier card. The front part of the card was die cut with a Spellbinders labels die and I kept the negative part of the die cut.

The image was carefully cut out then attached to the front of the card using jump rings.
I die cut the heart then stamped it (both Tim Holtz products), edged with distress ink then attached to the front with die cut vines and some small flowers.


The front and back of the card were attached to a folded piece that acts as the base of the card, then they were joined at the top using heart shaped brads.

The picture at the right shows how the card stands up. It folds flat for posting!

No comments: