Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8 25 Days MPC Showcase

 Today's projects are all about Candles and Lights and Melin has created a beautiful cutting file as a freebie for today. You can get it over at My Paper Crafting and while you are there, please check out all the other beautiful projects created by some of the 30 designers on the team for this showcase.

I used the freebie cutting file to create my project today.

First, I imported the cutting file into SCAL2 and created a shadow layer for the cutting file by leaving all the layers grouped.  This is quite useful as it enables you to get the different pieces in the right place to produce your project.

I will post a tutorial on how to create a shadow layer using Melin's cutting files and SCAL2.


I embossed the top layers of the candles and edged them with weathered wood distress ink.

For the leaves, I created veins on then using an embossing tool and I added glossy accents to the holly berries to give them some shine.

This project is about 8" high and is currently hanging on the edge of my mantlepiece as part of my Christmas decorations.

4 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Embossing was such a fabulous idea! It really made a big impact on your project! :)

Patty said...

This is so pretty...love the embossing on the candles & leaves!

Lynn C. (wordperfectqueen@yahoo.com) said...

I loved your candle card. Not only the colors you used, but the embossing really make these candles stand out. Thanks for sharing.

Lynden Blossom said...

Hello - Lovely candles! I haven't written each day to everyone, although I've quickly peeked at everyone's projects daily and am thoroughly impressed with our Design Team's creativity! Thank You for sharing! ;-} (- back to my own projects!)
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788