Sunday, May 20, 2012

Paper Crafting World Blogaversary Blog Hop

Welcome to Paper Crafting World (http://www.papercraftingworld.com) and Cooking With Cricut’s (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com) Blogaversary Blog Hop!  Our Design Teams are so excited to bring you a two-day hop that focuses on projects honoring a second anniversary…..cloth, crystal and or glass.

We think you will be blown away by some of the super creative inspiration and interpretation of our designers. So be sure to come back both days as each day will be a different set of designers and projects!

PLUS, this hop is the kick off of our week long celebration! Each day for a whole week we will be brining your fabulous projects made by our designers and each day we will be giving away free vintage graphics, digital printables and or electronic cutting files! So you will want to make CWC-PCW (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com) a daily stop for the next week!

You should have arrived here from visiting Jessica at The Creative Stamper Spot.  If you’ve joined us in mid-Hop and would like to check out all the other fantastic projects head on over to CWC-PCW  (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com) and start at the beginning.


 My project for the bloghop is a little screen. I cut the gothic arches using my Cricut Expression and SCAL2. The Birdcage is a cutting file from Paper Crafting World and I sized it to fit inside the centre screen. I cut two arches with the centres removed for the centre panel and added two layers of acetate with the cage sandwiched between them. I then fixed the two arches together on top of and behind the acetate sandwich to make a clear window! Glossy Accents makes a wonderful glue for acetate! 

For the other two panels, I cut smaller arches and two frames for each piece. I glued the frames together to make the edges a bit deeper. For all of the frames, I gave the edges a vintage look by inking them with vintage photo distress ink DTP then distress embossing ink and clear embossing powder. The frames have a textured look to them which is slightly rusty looking. 

For the backgrounds of the side arches, I inked the panels with worn lipstick, faded jeans and chipped sapphire distress inks then stamped the sentiments with archival ink. I cut acetate pieces to fit the side panels and stamped the bird images on the acetate with Stazon ink. 

The flowers were cut using spiral cutting files on the cricut and the leaf swirls are also from the birdcage cutting file. I spritzed the leaves and flowers with green and gold mist sprays to give them some sparkle! 


The sentiment on the centre panel was stamped on cardstock which had been coloured using the same inks as in the side panels and cut out with deckle edging scissors.

All of the stamps are from Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz sets.

There are several prizes to be won so be sure to head over and join the fun at CWC-PCW  (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com).

There is a  “cloth, crystal or glass” challenge you can enter to win as well as other super blog candy just for being a follower and commenting, so don’t miss out!


Thanks for stopping by!  Head on over and check out what Natt at Awesomeness of Crafting has cooked up!


Please do leave a comment - I enjoy reading them! Also, I would love to have you join my lovely group of followers.

44 comments:

Jen said...

This is sooooo pretty, Janet! I love the gothic arched panels. So many gorgeous details!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the panels. Nicely embellished.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Melinda Beltran said...

Oh my girl...this takes my breath away! So super creative! Thank you for the awesome inspiration and thank you for being such a big part of the pcw team! Big crafty hugs to you from across the pond :)

-Melin

Michelle said...

This is so sweet Janet! I think it would make a great house warming gift too!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and intricate triptych, Janet. Thanks for the detailed description of how you made it. It would look great with one of those battery-operated "candles" behind the screens! Very romantic!
Evelyn

Josie0602 said...

Wonderful card! I love your design. Bonus for me...I am now following your blog thanks to this hop! Looking forward to stopping in to see what you create!

Tracy

Larelyn said...

OMG, this is just an amazingly gorgeous idea! The use of acetate and all the inking - just stunning. Well done - it's fabulous!
CWC Hugs,
Larelyn

Natt Smith said...

Love distress technique you use on this !!

seau said...

This little frame is adorable. I liked the colors you used and the little roses sets everything off beautifully. TFS

Malou22u said...

Really neat.

silvia said...

LOVE your arches!!!

Jen R said...

That screen is totally cool and the only one I have ever seen. Awesome job!!

kissmyjen at gmail.com

justcreativeme.blogspot.com

Jill said...

What a FANCY card! I LOVE those flowers! Hope you're having a super weekend! SMiles, Jill

Sandy S said...

beautiful card! stunning with the panels & details...

Sandy S

Lynden Blossom said...

Here on the Blog Hop - Lovely 3-screen project!! Thanks for the details and hints - I appreciate them! Lovely blog - am now following on GoogleFriends! ;-}
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
Ldb1408 at aol.com

Nanette said...

What a gorgeous screen! TFS!

nanettemt at yahoo dot com

JustYolie said...

This is SO PRETTY!! I'm a new follower.

Debbie said...

this is amazing gives me so many ideas running around in my head thanks so much for all the inspiration
upnurse at aol dot com

Linda said...

sweet idea with the panels thanks for the inspiration

Chris Hanselman said...

I love it. it is sooo cute.

Tiggerscraps said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love it so much

SiskiyouSue said...

Very pretty. I really like this idea for a holiday decoration as well as a card. The acetate sandwich looks very nice.

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is beautiful! I love the frame and the flower are perfect. TFS AJ~ jeria22@yahoo.com

E. Marie said...

I really like your project. Great color combo and love those flowers!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so creative and amazing. You put a lot of work into this and it shows. Great project!

Moments by Marla said...

Your screen is beautiful and oh so detailed with the different layers, images and embellishments. The inspiration you have given us is amazing!! I am now one of your followers and look forward to spending some time on you blog!!

Sheila said...

Your project was beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Kay said...

I loke the look of vintage and really like what you did with the three arches. Thanks.

Kay said...

I will be following you and I liked you on FB.

Jessica Kubit said...

This is so beautiful and creative! I would have never thought to do this. Love the birdcage in the center!
Jessica (fellow DT member)
http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS, I really like it.
I am a new follower.
Thanks for sharing
Tracy-JGsPumpkin@peoplepc.com

K Clark said...

what an adorable little screen... love it

Leslie said...

really good ideas, thanks

Kim M. said...

Very pretty project! Love how you used the acetate for the middle section of the screen.

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is just lovely! I love the sentiment of the stamps and the color combinations that you used. Just beautiful!

Hugs,

Chriss
america57@comcast.net
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Karen Sue said...

What a beautiful project,

Cathy said...

wow, what a nice project!! thanks for sharing.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

rlovew said...

Gorgeous frame! It is so lovely with all the stamping on the acetate.

Lynn C. (wordpefectqueen@yahoo.com) said...

I loved this screen - the colors really "sing" to me. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a beautiful project!!! Just gorgeous! You are so talented!!

Claire Spielman said...

WOW!! So many awesome ideas all rolled into one fab project! TFS
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

This little screen is SUPER cute! Thanks for sharing! http://www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

Shawnee said...

Very pretty. I love the panels. :)

Craftybeth said...

Hi Janet, love this, I really like the vintage, Tim HOltz look