Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pink and Sketch Challenge at PCW

This week's challenge is to use the sketch provided for a card or layout and to use the colour pink, in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness.

I chose to use the card sketch for this challenge.

I used a grey card for the base and added a pink layer that I cut using deckle scissors and edged with London Fog Memento ink.

The focal image is a digi from PCW called Mother's Day Roses and actually came in the pinky sepia tones which worked perfectly. I cut it using a spellbinders deckled die then edged it with Victorian Velvet distress ink while it was still in the die




I die cut 2 white circles and the label for the sentiment and trimmed the sentiment tag to fit the bottom part of the card. The stamp is from a Gina K set and it was stamped with London Fog Memento ink.

I used a pink ribbon and a grey spotted ribbon for the centre of the card.

The finishing touches were the sprigs punched in grey card and the rose at the side of the sentiment.

Hope you enjoy this week's challenge over at PCW!

1 comment:

Larelyn said...

I think this is just stunning. The vintage image doesn't need anymore than you've added. The tag with the rose is such an elegant touch.
Hugs,
Larelyn