Wednesday, October 24, 2012

CWC Wonderful Wednesdays Challenge

Today, Melin over at Crafting With Cutters, has set us a challenge to make Treats only! 

So, back to my trusty new Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 cartridge to find a cute little box that I could make as a treat box.

We don't go in for Halloween so much here in New Zealand, so I decided to make a box that could be used as a gift box, rather than one for sweets at Halloween.



I cut my box (number 28, P 55, TBBM2 handbook) from a sheet of A4 card then another from a sheet of patterned paper to make the decorative panels on the sides and top.

The panels and the sides of the box were edged with vintage photo distress ink before making it all up.

I made a gerbera flower and swirls to go on the top of the box to finish it off.

The photo quality is not as good as I would like but I had to use my iPad to take the pic. Thank goodness for editing software!

3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Gorgeous box. Love the papers and the shape is really cool. The flower and swirl are so pretty.

Jen said...

Beautiful! Love the patterned paper you used, Janet! And that sweet little flower is the perfect finishing touch.

katieo said...

beautiful. I love the shape