Friday, July 15, 2011

New Techniques

Was looking at the StampTV video this week and was very interested in the techniques demonstrated by Gina K for the Happy Day Card project.

I didn't have the stamps she used in the video but I did have a lovely stamp from Tanda that I thought would be lovely with this technique. I used Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. Stamped the first colour - wild honey over the whole stamp then put Brushed Corduroy around the edges. Had to clean the stamp between re-inking so that the darker ink did not contaminate the lighter ink.

This closeup show the detail of the two colours on the stamp.

The image on the sentiment was stamped as a second go - stamped on waste paper first to remove some of the ink, then stamped on the oval sentiment. Used Brushed Corduroy for the sentiment.


The swirly bits on the end of the oval shape was made from a fancy tag die cut (from Spellbinders) - cut in half then attached to the ends of the oval.

This example is similar to that demonstrated by Gina in her video except that I used a wax resist technique (also from StampTV) for the background.

I love the CAS designs that Gina comes up with! While I don't have any of her stamps, there are a lot in my stash that I can substitute.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Very elegant perfect for a solemn occasion. XOXO Zoe

Shairon said...

What a gorgeous leaf stamp, Janet. The effect is stunning. Perfect sympathy card too, nicely understated. xx