Friday, July 8, 2011

CMW July Challenge

The challenge this month was to use a sketch. This was the sketch we used for the challenge and it was open to interpretation! You could use it as a rectangular card or a square one.

For this card, I used a really nice golden yellow ochre coloured card. I used the same card to make the top layer and embossed it in the CB large script folder. The corners were made using a Martha Stewart photo corner punch. The ribbon across the centre is a brown velvet ribbon - narrow so it does not detract from the central embellishment. I made the embellishment from a square memory glass that I coloured (on the back) with alcohol inks then stamped a leaf image on the front with Staz On ink. I attached a yellow card to the back of the glass using copper tape to edge the glass and hold the card in place at the same time. I layered this onto a piece of bronzed card - the same as that used for the corners. I used foam pads to attach the embellishment so it sits above the ribbon. The top layer was attached to the card using strips of board. This gives the whole card more of a 3-D effect.


For this card, I started with the centre - I was playing with one of my Lace templates and decided it would make a good centre for a square card. I used an Ezcut die to cut the corner embellishments from the same paper as the circle. The flowers were punched from 2 shades of pink paper and layered with pearl dimensional for the centres. The leaves were punched from a green card.
The sentiment is from a Darkroom Door flowers set and I stamped it onto a white card cut with a Spellbinders scalloped circle die.
I didn't put a ribbon across the centre (as in the sketch) because I forgot!!!!

No comments: