I was blog hopping the other day, catching up on all the things that are going on in blogland and I came across this neat challenge from the Craft Barn.
The challenge is to create a calendar each week for the next 12 weeks.
I decided that I would make each month of the year on a large tag, cut using the Tim Holtz Tag die. So I started doing them yesterday - catching up on the first two weeks challenge themes and doing this week's theme as well.
The first week's challenge was blue and crackle, so I coloured the tag using Adirondack Snow Cap dabber then Faded Jeans distress stain. The paint underneath provided a lovely base for the stain and gave the tag a dappled look. I then edged the card and the calendar (January) with Stormy Sky distress ink.I stamped a Stampers Anonymous Life stamp on the tag as well.
The crackle part of the tag is on the ticket, which I stamped with a Stampers Anonymous stamp in Versafine Black ink then edged with stormy sky DI. I painted it with distress crackle - Rock Candy and left it to dry before attaching it to the tag.
I made the roses from red paper and a 6 petal flower punch. I spritzed them with gold glimmer mist then attached to the tag along with some green leaves that I cut with a leaf die.
I cut the key with a CB cut and emboss folder then inked with walnut stain and vintage photo DIs and covered with crackle paint - Rock Candy. I attached this to the tag using some seam binding that I coloured with the barn door DI.
The challenge theme for this week was green and flowers with some embossing. I stamped a new flower stamp from Montarga on the bottom of the tag then embossed it with clear EP. I added a clouds stamp and embossed that before making a mask to cover it. I then brayered peeled paint DI over the top of the embossed image. I gradually added more colours with the brayer - tumbled glass then stormy sky. The claendar (March) was glued to the centre of the tag and I added butterflies that I stamped (Tanda stamp) and coloured blue and green with copic markers, then embossed with clear EP. The ribbon is seam binding that I coloured using peeled paint DI.
I really enjoyed making these tags and look forward to the next week's theme!