Friday, July 8, 2011

Experiments

Over the last week or so, I have been experimenting with some different ideas.

This card is made from acetate that was folded then embossed using a textiles folder in the Cuttlebug.

The flower is a Montarga stamp that I coloured using my Copic markers. (They have been having a rest lately!) The shapes for the front of the card were cut with the Cricut. I added some pearl dots at the top of the frame to add a little something!
The sentiment was stamped on a Spelbinders Tag die then attached with foam dots to the bottom of the frame.

The card was finished off with a narrow red ribbon that I attached to the inside of the card with DS tape then covered it with the ribbon on the outside.

This card I made after watching a neat video from stampTV on double embossing.
The blue layer on the left side of the card was embossed with the Alterations Gridlock folder. I then brayered Versamark ink on the top of the embossing and added clear embossing powder. After heating, it came up with the really cool pattern. It really makes the embossing stand out.

Added some paper from my stash to the other side of the card, a black ribbon down the centre and topped it with one of my favourite gentleman stamps from Hero Arts. The Happy Birthday stamp is from Montarga.

I like this technique and will try it out on more cards over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Zoechaos said...

What a feast of cards you have just shared with us all of them different and fabulous. My favourite of the whole lot is your twisted easel with that stunning flower. Stay warm you'll soon see the bulbs peeping up. XOXO Zoe

jackiescrafts said...

You've been making lots of cards Janet and they are all gorgeous I especially like the baby card it's sweet

I hope you are keeping ok
Hugs Jackie x

sue law said...

Hi Janet,
I love that technique of putting acetate though an embossing folder..Great card! Good to see you on the Tanda Teaser, love what you've been doing with all the Tanda stamps recently too!
Sue
x