Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Paper Crafting World Weekly Challenge

At this time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, schools are finishing their academic year, and it is time to say thank you to the teacher!

For my project, I used the Bookworm and apple digi stamp from PCW here to make the image. I printed it twice then coloured it with Copic markers. I cut selected parts of the image to layer - the head part of the bookworm and the leaf on the apple. I added glossy accents to the eye glasses of the bookworm to make the eyes stand out a little.

For the words, I used the wording that came with the image and made it into a cutting file using SCAL2, welded the letters then cut them from green card. I embossed the words using embossing ink and clear embossing powder. The image and words were then layered onto white card that I had embossed with the Swiss Dots folder in the Cuttlebug then rounded the corners. This was then layered onto a red card.

Pop on over to the challenge at Cooking with Cricut and see what the other great designers have come up with for this week. Look forward to seeing your entries too!

2 comments:

Rene said...

Really cute card Janet. Love the bookworm.

Anonymous said...

You put so much detail into all your projects! I love it! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration.
Evelyn