Lots to Do Revisited is having a number of swaps to celebrate the launch of the new forum. Hilda very kindly allowed me to take part so I got busy with skinnies, ATCs and Tags.
The ATC theme was Art and I used the same stamps I had used on a previous Art ATC series that I did for another swap, but I used a different colour scheme this time. I used yellow card and Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress inks, then spritzed with gold and red glimmer mists.
At Wantage, as you know if you have been following this blog, we all had little challenges to do. Zoe gave us all a peg to do something with and I have been really struggling to get something done with it. But I went to the library the other day and picked up a book on altered art. Browsing through it, I was suddenly inspired!This is the result. I first stamped a face on tissue and attached it to the head of the peg with Modge Podge. I added hair so she didn't look bald! The dress was made from a layer of tulle and a layer of lace that I glued together, then stitched around to form the dress. I stuffed the arms with dacron filling. I made an underskirt of a dusky pink which I also used on the flowers. The flowers were made from little circles of each of the fabrics, cut with pinking shears and finished off with a little flower shaped bead in the centre and kindyglitz around the edges. I also edged the dress with kindiglitz.
I finished Peggy off with a crown cut with my Cricut, coloured with Victorian Velvet and Pumice DI and pearl dots.
Now I just have my tin to finish - maybe today! It is nearly there, it is just that paint takes time to dry when it is cold!!
Today I am also going to do my first demonstration video. Watch this space!