Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sea shells

The free stamp with this month's Craft Stamper was a sea shells one and I rather liked it. I had bought some small 2 x 2 inch canvases and thought that the stamp would do very well on those.

I painted the canvas minis with blue and green acrylic paint. I stamped the images on tissue paper and applied them to the dried canvas minis with Modge Podge (glossy). I also had a larger canvas and painted it with black acrylic.
I found some small sea shells in a craft shop on Tuesday and thought they were just right for decorating the canvas.

When I was looking through the box of goodies that the lovely Sue gave me at Wantage, I found some blue/green/purple yarn that was just right for wrapping around the canvas minis to provide a little more texture.

I was quite pleased with the resulting piece of art - the very first one like this I have done.

Busy now getting organised to complete the peg and tin challenge set by Zoe and Sue at Wantage!

7 comments:

Burnice said...

Oh blimey - this is fabulous. Burn needs some of those mini canvasses - where did you get them from............
Burnice x

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous piece the stamp is a real treat love how you used it here with the real little shells and that gorgeous yarn. xx Zoe

sue law said...

That's lovely Janet...are you going to upload it on the craft stamper web site? glad I gave you that yarn, it's perfect!
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the peg and the the tin!
Sue
x

Janet Baldwin said...

Burn, I got the canvases at our local cheap warehouse. Let me know if you can't get any and i will send some over to you.
X X

crafty creations said...

Stunning piece of artwork Janet - the colours you've used are beautiful and the little shells and yarn finish it off perfectly

x Hilda

Shairon said...

Gorgeous canvasses Janet. I bought this mag in the UK and have yet to use the stamp. You have inspired me! xx

mommabear said...

Eeautiful work of art Janet