Monday, April 18, 2016

Autumn is nigh!

Hello there! Here in New Zealand, Autumn (or Fall - if you live in North America) is fast approaching. Already the leaves are beginning to fall from the trees. This card reminded me a little of the season with the gorgeous leaves on it!

The file for this card is available at PCW here and it is on special this week too!


To make this card, I cut the base card and the bottom layer of the tag in cream cardstock, the top layer of the tag in beige and the layer for the card in a chocolate brown. I was sooooo impressed with the way my Cricut Explore cut the little holes all around the edge of the tag. They cut perfectly!

I embossed the brown layer using a Sizzix embossing folder - Autumn Leaves. The actual leaves were done by changing the cutting lines on the middle of the leaves to a writing line and the Cricut wrote these on before cutting out the leaves. I burnished the leaves a little to give them some dimension as well.

The sentiment on the tag is from a Close to my Heart stamp set - D 1653 Happy Everything and I stamped it in Rich Cocoa (from Memento).

This is such an easy card to make and you can bling it up or keep it as simple as I have and it still looks effective.

Do check out our current challenge and we would love to have you join us. As usual, it is anything goes so check out the beautiful files available at Paper Crafting World for lots of lovely ideas. 50% off everything at the moment too, so get over to the shop and save!

No comments: