Thursday, March 12, 2015

Using Vinyl - first experiments

Since I bought my new Cricut Explore, I have been doing some vinyl cutting. While the Expression cut vinyl quite well, the detail that you can get with the Explore is quite amazing.





I did a couple of birthday gifts for my son and daughter - they share the same birth date. The first - a wine glass, was for my daughter. Quite pleased with the end result, but it is hard to get a straight line to attach to a rounded glass so that it is still straight. Will have to play around with slight curves - maybe Inkscape for designing.








For my son, I picked up a ceramic travel mug and cut out his name and Hot Chocolate, as he drinks that at work. Very pleased with the end results with that one.








I also did a water bottle for my granddaughter's birthday. Used an image from the Frozen cartridge in Design Space. I had to layer the vinyl to get the image and was quite pleased with the end result. I added her name to the other side of the bottle.











Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: