Saturday, August 27, 2011

Father's Day

It is Father's day here in New Zealand next weekend and I thought I would make a few cards.

For this card I used some patterned card that I made using alcohol inks and wiping the colours onto glossy card using a folded tissue. I wiped the tissue up and down as well as side-to-side to produce a plaid effect.

I stamped the ties onto white card and onto the glossy card that I had coloured, cut out the tie from the coloured card and attached them to the white card.

The stamps used for this card both came from Montarga.


For this card, I used a number of stamps to make the scene. The golfing stamps are from a set I purchased recently. The grass and the trees are Montarga stamps and the hills in the background are a stamp designed by Sue Law which I use for a lot of backgrounds.

To make the card, I stamped the golfball on the tee, then masked it and stamped the golfer. The background was stamped successively starting with the grass, the hills and the trees. Each was masked before stamping the next layer. Finally, I added the sentiment.

I coloured the golfer with Copic markers, then layered the card onto a red base card.
I have entered this card in the Craft Room Challenge this week as the theme is Masking! Thanks Zoe!!


I used the same technique of stamping and masking for this card as well.

The fisherman and the fish stamps are from the same set as the golfer.

The background stamp is the same as used in the above card.

8 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great cards Janet, love the ties the alcohol inks worked really well have to say my favourite is the golfer and what wonderful use you made of Sue's Stamp. Love that stamp.

Have you seen Craft-Room this fortnight? the challenge is masking which you have done perfectly. XOXO Zoe

Kim B said...

Fantastic cards. Thanks for joining the Craft-Room Challenge. Kim x

hazel said...

A wonderful collection of cards, my favorite is the golfer. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge
xxx Hazel.

Maria said...

Fabulous cards Janet! You've masked them beautifully to create wonderful scenes! Love the ties card as well - the alcohol inks look great! Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Shairon said...

Great cards, Janet! I especially love the ties with the vibrant AI background. Nice and simple design. x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous scenery masking , great male cards.

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge good luck,-))m

Esther said...

Fabulous masking - love the golfer! Thanks for joining our craft-room challenge...Esther xx

Debi said...

Janet great ftahers day cards, and great masking- thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge again- Debi x