Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is it really that long since my last post?

Where has the time gone??? I can answer that - I have made about 50 cards in the last 2 weeks - that is where!

I spent some time last week with a Crafty Girls friend, Barbara, helping some of the residents of the home where my mother now lives to make cards. It was a fun afternoon and the time just flew by. Below are a couple of photos of people who made cards and were so excited by the finished products.



I had made a whole lot of flowers and other embellishments before the workshop so that people could use them to put cards together. Most of the people had never done anything like this before and there was a real buzz through the room.

Everyone went away with at least one card that they had made - either on their own or with a little help.

Barbara was a real help too - I think she enjoyed herself and we have been asked to go back again in a month or so to do another session for them.

Of course, my mother had to come and supervise! She said she didn't need to make a card as she could get me to make any that she wanted!!!

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

What a wonderful thing to do sounds like you gave some people a great boost and new interest. XOXO Zoe

Tina said...

Oh that's wonderful! It looks like they had a nice time. <3