Monday, May 16, 2011

Card Sketch Challenge Card

This week, the Card Patterns Sketch challenge is a stunner. I loved the idea of the circular card with the pennants!

So I checked out my stamp collection and found something that might be very good with this sketch. The stamp I used is from Montarga - our very own Christchurch-based stamp manufacturing company which has relocated twice since the earthquake on September 4th 2010!

I cut the base card with the largest Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circle die - about 10cm across. The fold of the card is at the top and has been covered by a single piece cut from the same die. I also embossed the edges but not easy to see in the picture.
I then cut a 9.5cm circle which I stamped with Scattered Straw DI with a lovely dotty background stamp designed by Sue Law. Makes a perfect beach scene! I then masked it and brayered the sky with a multicoloured blue Versacolour ink.
The image was stamped then coloured with my copic markers and cut out. I layered it on the card with pop dots to give it some depth. The sentiment was cut with a nestabilities tag die and stamped. The pennants were attached to a ribbon then placed on the card.
A nice piece of fun for a cool autumn day!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Oh Janet, this is just splendid! So so love your take on the sketch and the scene you created. So glad you were able to play along with us at Card Patterns.