Monday, January 31, 2011

Friends

Friends need to be valued! Our theme for the CMW Monthly Challenge for February is Friendship/Love with a red and black colour scheme.


I made the embellishments for this card using my Cricut. The heart image was from the Make the Cut Gallery. I cut the red layer, then made a shadow for the bottom layer then off-centred the layers when I put them together to show a narrow band of black beneath the heart. I used Kindiglitz to highlight the swirls cut from the heart. The key was from SCAL and I added the word to it, welding it so that it cut together with the key. I added a shadow layer for the key as well.

The base card is white and I added a black layer then overlaid a red layer, half of the rectangle cut on the diagonal with  fancy scissors. I then ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots folder. The ribbon was added just below the edge of the top layer. To finish, I added some bling to the top right corner.

The second card was made from a black base to which I added a red layer, run through the Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots again!) and overlaid with a black spotted ribbon.
The image is from Montarga, stamped with Versafine Black ink. I cut the image with a Nestabilities die, embossed it then inked the edges with weathered wood distress ink while it was still in the die cutter. This produced a nice clean edge to the image which stands out against the black background.
I used the same technique with the die cut for the sentiment. The sentiment tag was attached with square brads.

No comments: