Monday, January 31, 2011
I cut the base card (step card), then cut the layers. The layer on the side was cut with a Tim Holtz Edge die.
I used Bundled Sage DI to colour the centre of each of the layer pieces, then Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge, followed by Fired Brick on the edges. I love the way the colours blend so well and the red on the edges makes the rest of the colour really stand out.
I stamped the layers with a word background stamp and Rusty Hinge DI. The butterflies were from a Tanda Stamp set I bought last year. I stamped them on the layers then on another sheet and cut them out and coloured them with the same inks. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
I layered the coloured card with black before attaching to the base card.