Yes, I know, I said I was going to spend more time doing stuff and blogging - well I have been doing stuff but it has not been cardmaking or blogging! Actually, I did do some playing over the last couple of days and have "discovered" my distress inks again. Found Tim Holtz demos on the net and spent some time looking at them and getting ideas, Tried them out on a couple of things. The first was on a bit of card as an example. I blended a couple of colours (red and blue) on the card then stamped it. I think it came out quite well for a first effort.
The next thing was an ATC - haven't been into these before and thought it was a chance to have a go with a try out of another technique.With this one, I blended the same colours for the background, then stamped the image. I then used a natural sponge to dab red/brown colour on to the corners and a bit round the sides. This made a "spotty" effect which I then spritzed with water and it produced a mottled effect.
Finished it off with a punched lace border and strip of fancy yarn. Small buttons adorn the corners of the stamped image.
The Tanda Challenge for this week is Lace. I found a Montarga stamp I have not used very much that has a lace border on it. I stamped it using Stazon Black ink on white card. I then used a range of yellow, orange and red distress inks to blend the colours onto the picture. I did mask the lady so she would not get coloured!
I then masked the outside of the card so I could colour the dress.
To make the card, I stamped a background all over the card. I used a lace border punch for the card edging, layered it on the card with ribbon.
I embossed the layering cards with the cuttlebug. The tag was stamped and attached with a brad.
I decided that I quite like using the distress inks so will keep practising!