Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday

Today is the first day of my challenge to myself to participate in challenges from various blogs associated with card making.

Sarah over at the Cardpatterns blog set a nice challenge this week.
I made this in pink and silver. The silver paper was embossed with the swiss dots folder using the Cuttlebug. Layered a little lace doily I had, which I have been wanting to use (still have another 99 to use!). I attached 2 ribbons, a silver one on top of a pink. gauzy one, then attached the stamped, watercoloured flower.

I also learned how to put a signature on the bottom of the picture using Photoshop.
 


The second challenge for today was  from Carol's Sketch Fun. I used the sketch to make an anniversary card for Roger for our wedding anniversary on Wednesday. The colours don't show terribly well in the photo. However, I used a wine coloured base card with cream and gold metallic card for the decorative bits. Again, used the cuttlebug to emboss the cream background with the hearts folder.

Stamped two hearts and embossed with gold. Layered one over the other and swiped the edges with gold ink. The sentiment is embossed with gold also. Two little gold brads finish the card.

No comments: