Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Patchwork and Quilting Projects this year

 I have to admit that I have been more focussed on my patchwork and quilting projects over the last couple of years. I am enjoying the creativity of patchwork and have learned a lot since I began about 4 years ago.

This month, out group has had a Red Black and White challenge. We had to make something using the three colours. While I have made a larger sized quilt with these colours, I have not completely finished it yet. It does need to be quilted and bound so a trip to the quilters is needed soon!

I did, however, manage to complete a couple of smaller quilts which I have pictured below. Both have come from books or magazines I have found, but the details of the "Baskets" quilt were adapted to suit. Both are smaller wall hanging quilts and will go up in my craft room when I have made space for them on the walls. 


The Whirligig quilt was made from scraps left from the large quilt (yet to be finished)!


I recently finished this quilt. It is a single bed sized quilt and made from about 12 fat quarters. It was fun putting it all together. The blocks are based on a sort of log cabin design but with random colours and a variety of widths of strips. 

I quilted this on my Elna sewing machine.



No comments: