Sunday, September 1, 2019

National Stamping Month at Close to My Heart

Greetings from a beautiful Spring morning in Christchurch, New Zealand. The first day of Spring and the sun is shining gloriously in the sky. We are making the most of it as the weather for this month is supposed to be rubbish! A great month for spending lots of time indoors and stamping like crazy.

To celebrate National Stamping Month, Close to My Heart has put out a lovely stamp and die set with a focus on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Here in New Zealand we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but the images on the stamp set are so appropriate for a lot of uses, including thanks cards and cards for children. This set is only available in September this year.

The full set comes with both stamp sets as well as two thin cuts dies to cut the window pattern shown in the left picture and the tag to go on the front of the card.

If you want to know more about this set, contact me by leaving a message on this blog or through my Facebook page here.






Here are a couple of Christmas cards I put together using the set. I used a stamp positioning tool to stamp all the images on the background layer before attaching the window card to the front. All the images were heat embossed.


I used gold embossing powder on this card and Candy Apple CTMH card for the window frame.
For this card I used silver embossing powder and CTMH  Willow for the frame. Unfortunately Willow is not now available in the CTMH selection but there are other beautiful green colours that can be used instead.


No comments: