Sunday, December 15, 2013

Such a long time...

I have just realised that it is a very long time since I have blogged any of my recent work! I have actually been quite busy out in the craft room and have just not gotten around to adding anything to my blog.

While I was in the UK, I picked up some little calendar tabs at a craft shop and made some of them into little calendars.








To make the backgrounds, I used some coasters that I bought at IKEA (the round ones) and some blank coasters I have had in my stash for a very long time! I covered the square coasters with papers from my stash (again!) then matted the calendars and added some brads before attaching to the coasters. To make them stand, I used another coaster (again covered with paper), punched 2 holes and added ribbon to tie them together. This enables the coasters to stand up.

For the round ones, I cut some stands from the Fancy Frames cartridge on the Cricut and attached them to the back of the coasters. Added a cute doily that I cut using a Marianne's Creatables die before attaching the calendar.

For all of the calendars, I edged the coasters with vintage photo distress ink and added some flowers to each. These will make cute little gifts for Christmas Stockings this year.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Sue said...

Beautiful gift ideas Janet,I love your calendars.
Hugs x