Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Final CWC Project

Today sees the final project for this term for CWC over at My Paper Crafting. It has been great fun being part of a fabulous team of very creative people doing projects using the Cricut and the huge number of cartridges that are now available for the Cricut.

Anything goes for this project, and while I had great plans for a complicated one using lots of cartridges, unfortunately, time has got the better of me.

So, without further ado, I used the Everyday Pop-Up cards cartridge to make this card for one of my crafting buddies.

I cut the card and the teapot from some My Minds Eye designer card (Garden Tea party). I loved the wavy edge on the bottom of the card (one of the cards on the cart). I created a shadow for the teapot as well, so it stands out a little more from the card.

The flowers were punched from coloured paper andadded with some bling for the centres. Added a large gem to the top for the lid of the teapot.

On the inside, I added the Smile pop-up. The photo has shadows because of the light - but you can see how it works!



I have really enjoyed being part of Melin's little band of designers for the last year or so. It has challenged me to get more use out of my cartridges and the Cricut and I am very grateful to Melin for the wonderful designs for digital images and cutting files she has shared with us all over that time.



I hope you have enjoyed looking at the various challenges, and hopefully participating in some of them as well.

2 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Wonderful tea pot card Janet! Love the scalloped edge! The inside is just as wonderful! :)

Brenda said...

Oh Janet, I love this card! Your teapot is so cute, fabulous papers and of course the sentiment that pops when open is just perfect!! Hugs!