Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Any Cartridge Beginning with S

 This week the challenge over at CWC is to use any cartridge beginning with S. As I only have 2 beginning with S, I chose the Serenade cart as it has so many lovely images on it. I used the Cricut Craft Room to design the card this time, instead of just cutting the random elements of the card separately. I know I should have been doing this process years ago, but I never really got around to doing it that way.

So I started by setting the scalloped rectangle from the CCR Basics on my mat then added the elements from the Serenade Cartridge to fit the space.

The clouds, tree and bird are all from the Serenade Cart and I sized them to fit the picture I wanted to create.

For the words, I used the CCR basics font. Serenade has a fot but I didn't like it so much with this particular layout!

I created a shadow layer for the letters and welded it so I could add the top layer of letters separately. For the top layer of letters, I used a black pen to create some faux stitching. I added the layers to the card to which I added faux stitching on the outer edge.

Please pop over to the CWC page and check out the lovely designs from the team.

5 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Sweet card Janet! Great job on it! :)

Larelyn said...

This is a great card, Janet. I love the images and the background. Hmmm, I still haven't tried CCR. My carts are on my Gypsy so uploading them scares me LOL! Seems the bugs are being fixed so maybe I'll try - you've motivated me!!!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute card and I love the blue background.

Brenda said...

Wow Janet, this is a lovely card! I love your whole scene, and I love the scallop mat! I don't have this cart, but every time someone uses it I really want it! lol Hugs!!

Sheena said...

I love this! So cute :)

~Sheena