Friday, July 13, 2012
Since going to the class with Tim Holtz in Sydney, I have been thinking about other projects along similar lines so decided this would be a good use for these panels.
I didn't have any tissue paper that was printed (as we used in the Fanciful Flight project) so I found some tissue that I could stamp onto. I used several different TH stamps to provide nice backgrounds and attached them to the canvas panels using glue stick. Then I edged them with vintage photo distress ink to give them a slightly grungy look.
I die cut the heart and wings then painted the wings with picket fence crackle paint and edged with vintage photo DI. The heart was done using the faux enamel and tied with some jute twine. Added some colour to the background using distress ink and sequin waste as a mask. Pleated some tissue tape and attached that then added a mini bottle top that I had embellished with a tiny clock face and glossy accents.
I stamped the butterflies onto glossy card then added a wash of spiced marmalade. Tore the edges then attached with a piece of filmstrip tape at the top. Added two tiny washers and a pen nib that I coloured using alcohol inks.
The corners were made from metal foil attached to cardstock, embossed with found items then inked with black alcohol ink and sanded down before punching with a MS photo corner punch.
I really enjoyed making this.