Friday, July 20, 2012

A couple of projects

After tidying up my craft room this week, I got inspired to use a couple of canvases that I found hidden away.

The first one was a Tim Holtz inspired canvas using several dies and stamps in my growing collection.




The second canvas was inspired by an article in the July 2012 Craft Stamper magazine.
I had already painted the canvas so I added some of the new seasonal distress inks to colour the background using a sponge.

I added stamped images that I had cut out and coloured. I stamped a word stamp around the edge of the canvas and backed it with a page torn out of a book. The frame was cut with my Cricut and decorated with a white pen freehand.

The wheels on the bottom of the canvas were made from small wooden cotton reels that I coloured in red using copic marker then wrapped with a red dotted ribbon. The outer parts of the wheels were made from metal bottle tops that I flattened using my Cuttlebug. I added circles and flowers punched from paper and a little dot of pearl Stickles. The top of the canvas was finished with the addition of a pencil held up with twist wires attached to the frame.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: