A few cards for the blog today. Have been busy playing with some new techniques involving distress inks - again!
To get the design on this card, I tore a square from a sheet of paper and used the hole as the mask... Coloured using distress inks, then stamped a script stampe on top. The sentiment is from my current favourite Hero Arts set.
The next card used an oval instead of a square. Also tried a scalloped circle and different coloured inks.
The red card was one I tried out using a pop-up in the inside. The front was decorated with a scalloped circle and punched sakura flowers with black, little daisy punched centres.
I made the stalks of the flowers from green card. To get them to stick easily, I put DS Tape on the card before I cut the stalks. It worked a treat.
This is the centre of the bouquet card. I punched little red hearts and attached then between the card and the inner with cotton so they hang down into the opening.