Monday, June 25, 2012

Some new cards

Got busy over the last couple of days and did a few cards.

This card is a centre step card that I made as a retirement card for a friend who finishes work at the end of this week.

I cut the base card using the Black Cat and a file I did using the Funtime software. I then cut the card layers to fit and topped with a couple of layers cut with Spellbinders Labels dies. The bottom one was embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder. I cut the words using the Cricut and SCAL 2 from pink Bazzil Bling card. I stamped a floral stamp on the top layer using bundled sage distress ink.

The flowers were made using a new Spellbinders cut and fold die that I bought last weekend at the craft show in Sydney. Finished the card off with some pearl bling added to the flowers and the bottom of the card.

 This is a special birthday card made for a friend of my mother. I used kraft resist cardstock to make the top layer. I stamped it with one of the new Tim Holtz stamps that I won as a prize at the class I went to in Sydney (with his lordship Tim) then embossed it with white embossing powder. I stamped flowers across the bottom of the card with black then laid a strip of cream lace across the card.

The butterflies were stamped onto glossy card with a Stamp-it stamp (that I also got at the class)then coloured using a couple of pink distress markers and water brush. Added some black bling to the centre of the butterflies after cutting them out.

To finish it off, I added some pink card candy to the corners, three little paper roses and a sentiment cut from kraft card and coloured with distress ink.


This card used the same basic techniques and materials. However, I used a different sentiment stamp and die cut and left off the roses.

Both cards were layered with black onto a pink base card.


3 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

These cards are all lovely,Janae I especially love the ones with the butterflies but then I would lol

Jackie x

Zoechaos said...

Yummy especially the second two absolutely gorgeous love the muted colours, the stamping the lace and of course the butterflies XOXO Zoe

Sue said...

Janet I love all of your cards.The colours and lace are gorgeous.
Hugs Sue