Monday, October 17, 2011

My New Toy

It has finally arrived - my new toy! A Black Cat Cougar machine with a 13" cutting bed. I am so excited!!!

I spent most of the day today uploading software updates, installing other software and playing with the machine. It is a bit different from my Cricut Expression - bigger and gruntier and does not require cartridges for the designs. Can do those on the computer and cut straight away.

I had some new svg files that I bought from SVGCuts recently and wanted to try them out. I chose this card to try out first.

It has two layers and I needed to cut both layers. It only took 3 goes to get it right! Amazing really!!! I also used Make The Cut software to do the design.

After I had cut both layers, I decorated the front with a background stamp (brushed corduroy) and edged the card with spiced marmalade DI.

For the centre of the card, I stamped the sentiment onto the piece that I had cut out (on the front section of the card) with Timber brown Stazon then edged with scattered straw and spiced marmalade.


I edged the inside of the card with the same colours and stamped a Happy Birthday on the bottom corner.

I glued the two layers together, then added the sentiment piece. I had some little brown flowers that I attached to the front with some green swirls and added orange dots to the top of the flowers.

I really enjoyed my playtime today!

1 comment:

Shairon said...

Looks like Christmas has come early, Janet! Bet you'll have hours of fun with it. x