Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stamps

Carol from Hamilton set Jude (from Temuka) and I a challenge to use postage stamps in three different projects.For ages I thought about what I could do before I actually got round to doing it!

Lots to Do Challenge for this week is a Distressed Tag so I have combined the 2 challenges! I found some really old postage stamps on some letters when we were cleaning out the garage some time ago. They were all 1, 2 and 3 cent stamps! It is about 40 years since these stamps were used!!! Anyway, the stamps all had moths or butterflies on them so I used butterflies and wings on this tag along with the stamp to try to link it all together. I used distress inks to colour the tag and to stamp the images. I also distressed the edges of the tag with my TH distressing tool.



I found a little box with made with shiny card the other day, so used that to make the little box. I used alcohol inks to colour the box (which you can't really see in the photo) and collaged postage stamps on the top of  the lid. Used lace and ribbon to trim the edges of the lid. Finished it off by adding a butterfly, which I stamped with postage stamp images and added distress stickles to the wings. Used gold wire to create the feelers. 



The final part of the challenge was this ATC, to which I added a special issue stamp. The stamp was to commemorate NZ's involvement in the Shanghai Expo this year. I coloured the base card using Tattered Rose and Pumice Stone Distress inks, stamped the lettering with pumice stone, added the stamp and finished it off with the little coin.

An interesting challenge that made me think a  bit!! Thanks Carol.

9 comments:

Femmy said...

fantastic tag!!!

crafty creations said...

Three brilliant pieces of work Janet - love the vintage top one, the box is fantastic - the top looks just like tiles - a very well presented atc - you have met the challenge well

x Hilda

crafty creations said...

Forgot to say Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Zoechaos said...

Well all that shaking has not stopped your creatin' LOL gorgeous tags and what a fab idea to use postage stamps that last one is lovely. thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week xx Zoe

mommabear said...

Brilliant tag Janet and the card is beautiful
Thanks for sharing with us at LTD
xx Alison

Von said...

What a fantastic tag Janet :)
Von x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

beautiful colours, gorgeous distressed feel to the tag. TFS. Lynne M

Jaqi said...

Wow you have been so busy, the tag is fab i love it, i knew this challenge would inspire some lovely pieces

Neet said...

Stunning tag!