Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to creating again!

After all the trauma of the last week, I had to get back to making things again, so went to the craft room today to make some cards and have a play with my Cricut again.

A friend asked me to make her a birthday card for her partner, who is a speed boat fanatic. I found this little boat and waves on the Going Places cartridge and thought it might be OK.

I also noticed that a couple of challenges this week called for layers and Happy Birthday, so decided that this card could fit all three "criteria".

Papertake Weekly Challenge #47 was a sketch, which I used for the design of the card. I had a square card that I used for the base then layered with a Cuttlebugged layer in blue, then a printed paper. The red piece was put through a crimper and the top layer was cut with the Cricut. The boat was cut from a square with rounded corners. I also cut the same from red and white card to provide the different colours and these were layered on the cutout. All the pieces were edged with distress ink  with the top layer being edged with white. The Happy Birthday stamp was from a Tanda stamp set (Art Deco) designed by my friend Sue!


The Cuttlebug Challenge this week was for a birthday card with at least 2 layers because it is their second birthday!

2 comments:

Court said...

Great card! Thank you SO much for playing in our Happy Birthday Challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenges!

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs, Sharon