At last I have finished my altered tin. Sue Law provided us with a lovely stash of fibres, buttons and beads, stamps and a yeast tin with the challenge to do something with it. Well, it sat on my desk for ages before I finally gained some inspiration from an article in the CS magazine.
So, I had some sheet metal that I cut to fit around the tin in two pieces. Punched holes down both sides of the metal then embossed it in the Cuttlebug using the Swirls folder. I then painted the tin and the metal with a couple of coats of gold paint. When that dried, I attached it to the tin by using some of the fibres that Sue had included in the lovely box and lacing both sides around the tin.
Then I had to decide how to decorate the tin. I stamped some Tanda flowers onto card, embossed with gold,, cut them out then used coloured Kindyglitz to provide some colour on the petals. It needed something else as well, so I cut some swirly leaves with the Cricut and the Home Accents cartridge, glitzed them with sparkly Kindiglitz and attached to the tin. Added the flowers and hey, presto..... This is the result:
The photo does not really do it justice, unfortunately. However, it is finished just in time to enter into another challenge - the Allsorts Challenge for this week is Embossing, so it fits!
So, Sue, I finally did it!!