Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More play!

Last night a friend came over and I showed her how to make a stair step card. She had never made one of these before so it was fun teaching her how to do it. She immediately saw a good use for the ScorPal she bought recently too!

The instructions for this card can be found at Split Coast Stampers .

I used a nice light green scrapbooking paper for the fronts of the "stairs". I punched borders in white card for the lace effect and layered with the green paper.

I cut the scalloped circles with my Cuttlebug - (nestabilities dies). Because the lower one was 1/4 inch wider than the smaller one, I decided to minimise the effect of too much white by edging it with an aqua coloured ink pad, which turned out quite well. The flower was one I picked up (as a bag of 10 ) from one of the local $2 shops. Sometimes they have some great bargains for crafting!

The ribbon was added to provide a little contrast.

Enjoy! Please leave a comment when you look at my blog. It is nice to know who is visiting...

Cheers

2 comments:

Stacey said...

This card is simply gorgeous!! Thank you for posting a link to the directions also. I have never seen or made a card that looked like this, but it is now on my list of cards to make.

Thanks for the lovely inspirations!

mommabear said...

Fab cardlove the colour