Friday, February 5, 2010

Another week gone...

Another week has gone and I am just getting onto posting again. I was going to do this every day...

Nevermind - I have made some more challenge cards and here they are.
This card was for Carol's Sketch Fun. Hopefully I can upload it to her blog! The background was done on the Cuttlebug using the swirls folder. The red layer across the card is a piece of coarse fabric ribbon - I think it is used for making hats or fascinators. I layered that with a card punched with the Fiskars scalloped border punch then a red ribbon with black dots.  The hearts were cut using a Fiskars template then embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts sets.


The second card is for the Card Patterns Sketch 49.
The background paper was from a card magazine (can't remember which one!)
I used scalloped scissors to cut the two white strips. The hearts were cut from the Fiskars template. I stamped a small heart on the red one and embossed it with gold.

The sentiment is from the Hero Arts set. I stamped the border with a new border stamp that I found I had not used yet!!! Finished it with small gold heart shaped brads.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Janet,
I have copied the link i sent you and it has worked :) :)
It's a gorgeous card and hopefully now more people will be able to view it...thanks for joining in again this time :)

Hugs
Carol x