Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christmas Cards Already


Well, this week I decided I should start making Christmas Cards for overseas. I always try to find something specifically New Zealand'ish for my overseas cards so this year I am using some photos I took of some NZ Pohutukawa flowers. Pohutukawa trees flower around Christmas time and the tree is sometimes called the New Zealand Christmas Tree as it is covered in a mass of bright red flowers - a little like the decorations on a Christmas tree.

I printed the photo on to glossy paper, then layered on black, then white to provide a contrast. I placed a tartan ribbon across a strip of red card, making pleats beside the space where the photo was to go, then placed it across the card.
I used a Fiskars punch to scallop the bottom edge of the front and used a white inner for the card to provide the contrast at the edge. The greeting is a Hero Arts stamp which I embossed with gold.

I have yet to discover the best way of taking a photo when there is a shiny surface on the card! I will have to practice a bit more I think. Anyway, you can get the general idea of the card from the photo.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the colors of this card and the way you folded the ribbon. Good job!!