Thursday, August 4, 2016

Scrapbook layout - Sand

Today I am back with a scrapbook layout for the PCW Design Team. I am looking ahead to our summer which happens from December to March when our new grandson will be enjoying his first summer on the beach. This layout is in preparation for that event.

I used the Bear Boy with Sand Bucket Castle Boy cutting file from Paper Crafting World and imported it to Design Space so I could cut it with my Cricut Explore.  These files are so easy to import - just upload it to Design Space then bring it into the mat and resize it for your project. I made this one 11 inches wide so I could place it on a 12 inch mat with a border.

Each of the pieces in the layout (except the letters) were sponged around the edges with a complementary ink to increase the dimensional look on a 2D layout.

All the cardstock used was from Close to my Heart, which is great for this type of project as it is not too thick, cuts very easily and layers nicely without being too bulky.

I used some of the new colours in this year's range - just released, including Pansy (the spade on the right), willow (the green bucket and band on the swimsuit), and Lemon (the spade in the bucket).

For the photo, I added a mat and stamped a camera on it to show that
it is for a picture. I also added a small journalling tag so I can write about Max and his first trip to the beach later in the year when it is warmer.

Do check out the PCW blog for details of what is new and download the freebie for this month. 

No comments: