Finally got into my craft room in the middle of last week and made a start on some cards that I have been wanting to do for ages. The problem was that I was not that inspired and had to flick through a few magazines to get some inspiration.
Before we went away, I made gelli pad using a recipe I found on the internet. I tried it out and made some background papers that I was reasonably happy with.
For this background I used flesh colour and olive green acrylic paints. Was very happy with the end result. Used a new die to cut the grasses, stamped the dragonflies and added a birthday greeting.
For the next 2 cards, I used red, blue and yellow acrylic paints - quite a different end result!
I still have a lot of experimenting to do with this technique, but it is interesting and you can do some amazing backgrounds. I bought some stencils while I was away and I want to try using those to make the backgrounds a little more textured and interesting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad