Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Last weekend, an old schoolfriend celebrated her 60th birthday, so I made this card for her.

I cut the card and its layers using SCAL2 and my Cricut. I embossed the top layer of the number to add some texture.

The flowers were cut from patterned paper using the Sizzix Decorative Strip Tattered Garland Die, then inked with Victorian Velvet distress ink to add some depth. They were layered together and finished off with pearl bling dots.

The butterfly (from Gina K) was stamped using a kiss technique with Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans distress inks. I cut the butterfly out and added glittery bling to accent the body. I attached it to the card using foam tape.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Beautiful card. I know she'll love it. I'm not familiar with how SCAL works with the cricut. I just know there was a big to-do about it. Can it still be made to work?
Rae Ann O.
raeannoh@aol.com

Jenni's Jems said...

This is lovely ,My brother turns 60 and my nephew 40 this year and you have given me an idea for their cards ....minus the flowers of course! x