Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holiday Challenge

Today's Paper Crafting World Terrific Tuesday Challenge is all about Holidays using red or green.

I chose to go with red today and used the lovely angel digi stamp to create my topper for the card.



I coloured the image using Photoshop Elements. This was a bit of an experiment but it seemed to work reasonably well. I kept the colours minimal in the image so that it looks a bit more subtle.

The card base was embossed using the Cuttlebug and a Nellie Snellen scalloped oval die. I really like the way it has turned out with the raised bits on the outside of the card.

I added a white layer by cutting a slightly smaller scalloped oval die from the same set. I layered the cut out angel using foam pads to give some depth.

The greeting was stamped onto a die cut oval and the ribbon tags added. The greeting stamp is from Gina K.


To finish the card off, I stamped corner flourishes in each corner and embossed with gold EP.

Do join us over at PCW this week for the final challenge in the Fall series. Next week the fun really begins with the 25 Days Christmas and Year Round Crafting Showcase with new digi and cutting files each day and some wonderful projects created by the superb design team. 

No comments: