Thursday, August 2, 2012
This is one of the two that I did in one week. I covered the canvas with stamped tissue then coloured it with distress stain and distress ink. I used one of Tim's background stamps with barn door DI on the background after distressing, then added the various items to fit the sewing theme.
This large cotton reel is actually made from card, using a file from the SVGCuts Sew Crafty kit. I added distress ink to the edges of the 'cotton reel' - top and bottom then wound it with wool to simulate the cotton on the reel. I added lots of buttons, some large pins, a ribbon bow and some flowers to finish it off.
The cotton reel is actually a box - the top lifts off to reveal a container to store little bits and pieces in! It actually stands about 5" tall and would be great for keeping all thos offcuts of ribbons that I seem to accumulate!
I am going to enter both of these into the Craft Room Challenge this week as the theme there is buttons and bows.