Monday, June 13, 2011

Y and Z ATCs

This month sees the end of our Alphabet Themed ATC swap over at the CMW NZ Crafters ATC Swap. For over a year, a group of about 8 people have been swapping ATCs with an alphabet theme and we have seen some really interesting ATCs.

For the Yin Yang ATC, I made the symbol using a MTC file on the Cricut. I cut it in both black and white and layered onto a circle.

The background is made from heavy card off cut which was coloured a jade green. I stamped it with Pumice Stone distress ink and a nice Grunge stamp from Kaiser then overstamped with an oriental lettering stamp (also from Kaiser) which I embossed with detail silver.

I then edged the ATC with Black Soot DI.



My Z ATC used a zebra stripe stamp from Tanda Stamps. I have had it for ages and had not used it before!

I stamped the zebra strip on the whote card then embossed it with black. I used Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss to stamp the grassy backgrounds - again a Tanda grass stamp for the bottom and a "sticks and balls" stamp that I got from The Stamp Attic last year.

The sky is stamped with Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky DI. I used the dotty background stamp designed by Sue Law for this.
It will be interesting to see what other people come up with for the swap! 

1 comment:

Zoechaos said...

Very clever have never seen this possibility with that stamp love this XOXO Zoe