Friday, May 26, 2017

Happy Birthday Cards!


This week was our regular meeting for the craft group I set up when I retired about seven years ago.
The group is still going, even though some of the people have changed, there is still a few people who keep coming. They are really nice people and I treasure their crafting friendship and company.

For our meeting this week, I made up some card kits using papers from the Jack, No Worries and Hello Lovely collections in the recent Close to My Heart Seasonal Expressions Ideas book.The designs for the card were based on designs in the Happy Times Card Workshop created some time ago by Michelle Snyder for CTMH.

For the first card, I used paper from the Jack collection along with ruby, juniper and white daisy cardstock. The trim is black and gold.
The stamp is from  the Birthday Sparkles set, B1537.

















The second card used the No Worries collection, with white daisy. I also used the zip strip from the striped sheet for the flags on the side of the card. I stamped two daisies using the May SOTM (S1705) and canary ink, and the leaves from the same set in New England Ivy.  I coloured the images and cut them out, layering the daisies and adding a sequin to the centre. The sentiment is from the Birthday sparkles set and I stamped that in Sapphire.









The last card we made was the most popular one. The paper is from the Hello Lovely collection and I teamed it with Sorbet, Fern and Colonial White cardstock. I also used Fern twine,  green shimmer trim and sparkles to finish the card. The flower was stamped using Sorbet ink and the image is from the May SOTM as are the leaves, stamped with New England Ivy. The greeting was also stamped with New England Ivy.  

No comments: