Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back to being busy again!

The last week has been a busy one and I have got something to show for it!
Found a neat gift card holder demonstration over at Gina K's website - stamptv. So I spent a bit of time making some and was very pleased with the results!
I made the holders slightly narrower than the dimensions given in the demonstration because the A4 card is slightly narrower than the card available in the USA. But it doesn't matter because you can still fit a gift card comfortably in the holder.

Have also been busy with Christmas cards as it seems to be the season again! I did manage to get the cards for overseas into the mail by the closing date for economy post for the first time ever, I think! Here is one of the cards I made this year.

I have been using the Joanna Sheen Vintage Birthdays CD again and printed off some lovely images and backing papers. This card uses an image and background paper. I cut the image using a Nellie Snellen die in the cuttlebug. I then threaded narrow ribbon through the holes in the edges and tied a little bow at the bottom. I thought it was quite effective. The image was printed on textured paper which provided a slightly more vintage look.

And I couldn't help doing a card with a coloured image. This image is called Rain but I am not sure where I got it from - I must catalogue my digital stamps properly!! Anyway - coloured it with copics and layered on dotty card with a dotty ribbon.

3 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Love all your cards Janet and those gift card holders are brilliant

Hugs Jackie x

Joy said...

Lovelty cards Janet and fab gift card holders xx

Shairon said...

Gosh Janet, you HAVE been busy! Love everything but especially the little girl on the phone card!