Monday, September 3, 2012

Card Making World Monthly Challenge

It was Father's Day here in New Zealand yesterday, so I made this card for my dear husband to thank him for being such a great father and grandfather to our children and grandchild.

It is also one of the cards I made for the Monthly Challenge DT over at Card Making World, the theme of which this month is Monochrome.

The central image is a die cut in black, embossed with white chalk ink and backed with a white layer, cut from the outer edge of the die.

The silhouette was cut separately and added to the centre of the card.


The second DT card for the monthly challenge was a Wedding themed card.

I cut this all out using my Cricut and white cardstock, then embossed some of the layers to provide contrast in texture, rather than colour.

The bride and groom had sparkly gel pen added to highlight some of the features of their clothes.

2 comments:

Plastic cards said...

Captivating... Perfect for the occasion hope your husband had appreciated your effort..

jackiescrafts said...

These are both lovely cards Janet. I hope you are ok and have had a good weekend
Jackie x