Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hearts to You

With Valentine's Day coming up next week, it is appropriate that the theme for the challenge over at My Paper Crafting this week, is Hearts to You!

For this project, I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics digital cartridge. I made a shadow layer of the letters and heart shape and welded the shadows together. I used copy and paste, flip and weld to make the card.

I then made the letters and heart to fit the card layer and cut all the pieces out. I embossed the letters and heart using my Cuttlebug and attached them to the card.

To finish it off, I added a rolled rose cut using one of Melin's beautiful rolled roses and a swirl from the frame'n flourish cutting file. I stamped the sentiment on a card that I attached underneath the flower and swirl.

Please join us over at MPC for the challenge and take a look at the lovely projects made by the other team members. Thanks for looking!
PS: Melin's cutting files are all available at Paper Crafting World

6 comments:

Winnie said...

Glad you popped over to visit me, as I was able to visit you and see your lovely work. This is such a pretty card (I have never tried this before) and love your rolled flowers. I am new to my cricut, so I have to work myself up to something like this! Thanks again for the kindness.

Sandy Palmer said...

What a beautiful shaped card Janet! Wonderful embossing, and gorgeous roses too!

Jen said...

Great card, Janet! Love the texture and those rolled roses are gorgeous!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an adorable card. I love this idea. So cute.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Janet I just love this card! Love how you dressed up the heart and love the roses!!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so lovely ! x