Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chilly Celebrations

Today's challenge over at My Paper Crafting with CWC is Chilly Celebrations. While people in the Northern Hemisphere are chilling out, we, in the Southern Hemisphere, are enjoying the best summer weather we have had for some years, it seems!

For this card, I used the Christmas Cards cartridge and my Cricut Expression to cut all the pieces.

All of the elements on the card were from the cartridge and I embellished the central layer by making holes around the edge to add a little more interest!

I also used the Christmas Cards cartridge for this one, cutting the layers at different sizes.

The stamp is from a Gina K Designs set I recently purchased, as is the sentiment.

For the colour on the snowman's hat and scarf, I paper pieced these, stamping the same image onto blue paper and cutting it out then attaching to the snowman.

For contrast, I added a blue spotted ribbon from American Crafts across the top layer.



Enjoy the challenge this week. Hope to see lots of people participating.

6 comments:

Jen said...

So very cute, Janet! Love the various blue hues you used and your sweet little snowmen, too.

Sandy Palmer said...

Such sweet snowman cards! :)

Brenda said...

Love these card Janet! The color combos are just fabulous and give the feel of a frosty day!! Love your snowmen too as well as your seniments. I wish I was in your southern hemisphere-I could use some nice warm sunshine! lol

Chriss America Real said...

Oh my goodness! These cards are so cute! I just love the wintry colors!

Hugs,
Chriss
SVG PCW Design Team

Charlotte said...

Hey Janet,
I love your cards. these are bothso cute. And now after seeing these, I have got to pull out my Christmas Cards cartridge.
charlotte

Larelyn said...

This is just so cute, Janet. I love the cuts and the layout is just perfect.
Hugs,
Larelyn