Friday, July 13, 2012

Wall Hanging

Yesterday I was clearing up my desk and found 4 little canvas' that I had prepared for making something with, so decided I had better do something about them!

Since going to the class with Tim Holtz in Sydney, I have been thinking about other projects along similar lines so decided this would be a good use for these panels.

I didn't have any tissue paper that was printed (as we used in the Fanciful Flight project) so I found some tissue that I could stamp onto. I used several different TH stamps to provide nice backgrounds and attached them to the canvas panels using glue stick. Then I edged them with vintage photo distress ink to give them a slightly grungy look.

I stamped the sentiment onto a glossy card then gave it a background wash with tea bag distress marker then broken china. It does not show up much in the picture, but I wanted subtle colour here. I then took a tab holder and coloured it with vintage photo and walnut stain DI before adding a light layer of rock candy distress crackle paint. This gives a nice rusty look. Added the sentiment to the frame then attached to the canvas. Added ART beads that I coloured using Copic marker, then a fancy button.



I die cut the heart and wings then painted the wings with picket fence crackle paint and edged with vintage photo DI. The heart was done using the faux enamel and tied with some jute twine. Added some colour to the background using distress ink and sequin waste as a mask. Pleated some tissue tape and attached that then added a mini bottle top that I had embellished with a tiny clock face and glossy accents.







I stamped the butterflies onto glossy card then added a wash of spiced marmalade. Tore the edges then attached with a piece of filmstrip tape at the top. Added two tiny washers and a pen nib that I coloured using alcohol inks.







For the final panel, I cut some tiny BINGO card pictures from TH paper, attached then behind the number plaque that I fixed on with Glossy Accents and the two brads. Added a tiny ticket and two arrows die cut then inked and embossed.

The corners were made from metal foil attached to cardstock, embossed with found items then inked with black alcohol ink and sanded down before punching with a MS photo corner punch.

I really enjoyed making this.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! lovely little hanging Janet, great idea of stamping on to tissue paper. Fab piece xx

Shairon said...

Gosh you've been busy Janet! TH has definitely had a huge influence on these canvasses! xx

crafty creations said...

Fantastic Janet - love the colours and all the bits and pieces you have added to the fab backgrounds