Thursday, March 10, 2016

Irish Flourish from PCW

Hello all! Here is another lovely design from Paper Crafting World.

Today's contribution to the team blog is my card made using the Irish Flourish cutting file available from here. This is a great file as you can use the border as a page decoration or the flourish on its own. I have chosen to use the flourish on its own as the centrepiece for this card.

First, I imported the svg of the flourish into SCAL4 (Sure Cuts a Lot v4) and created two shadow layers, one slightly bigger than the other, giving me a total of three layers for the flourish. I then imported the three layers into Design Space so I could cut it with my Cricut Explore. I had planned to use a single colour for the card, but I decided to try it with white daisy and colonial white cardstock from Close to My Heart.

I cut an oval shaped card from Colonial White cardstock, then another oval the same size to attach to the front of the card so you cannot see the fold line at the top. I embossed the oval for the front of the card using my trusty Swiss Dots embossing folder and my Cuttlebug. I then layered the three flourish cuts, adding a small knot tied ribbon before adding the top layer of the flourish with foam pads to add some more dimension. As a finishing touch, I added some pearls and a sentiment to the top layer.

I hope this gives you all some ideas for using this particular cutting file!

Please pop over and join in our challenge for this month. The optional twist is to use green and/or gold!

http://papercraftingworld.blogspot.com/2016/02/february-anything-goes-challenge-with.html

No comments: